Friday, May 20, 2011

Black and White Bars

Yield: 1/2 sheetpan

4oz Butter, melted
1lb 4oz Oreo cookie crumbs
 2 T Sugar

2 C shredded Coconut
2 C Chocolate chips
2 C White chocolate chips
2 C Chopped Walnuts
3 C Condensed Milk

  1. For the crust: mix butter, crumbs, and sugar until it holds together well.  (Add more butter if needed)
  2. Pour Crust mixture into a sheetpan (aka cookie sheet).  Roll evenly using a rolling pin on top of parchment paper.
  3. Mix coconut, both chocolate chips, and walnuts together and spread over crumbs.  If this is too much, cut back to 1 1/2 C of each item.
  4. Pour condensed milk evenly over entire pan.
  5. Bake immediately at 350F.  Start to check at 15 mins, but will probably need more time.  Want to get them nice and golden brown over the top.
  6. Allow to cool, then cut into bars.
  7. Can also be frozen.



The first time I tasted these were at the Bearclaw at the top of the Sundance Ski Resort - delicious!!  My friend works there and I asked her one day if she could get me the recipe and she said she had it already!!!  I got a copy and they turned out just as good as they are at Sundance:)  Makes a huge batch so I ended up freezing most of them as individual bars in little plastic baggies and pulling them out when I wanted one. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment