Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yo's Chicken Enchiladas


Tonight I decided to make chicken enchiladas with some leftovers I had on hand.  I had a rotisserie chicken that I pulled all the meat off of and I also had a chicken breast in the fridge that had been cooked in lime and cilantro.  I combined those two together in a bowl and added some sweet rice I had made the week before.  I also added some sour cream just to bind it together, a can of green chilies, about a cup of grated cheese, and also a half a can of corn.
I cooked up come flour tortillas then spread this mixture down the middle and rolled them up.  In a baking dish I poured enough red enchilada sauce to cover the bottom then placed the enchiladas on top.  Over the top I poured more enchilada sauce, grated cheese and cut up olives.  This actually made two large baking dishes - one went in the oven at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes and the other went in the freezer for another night.  Delicous and super easy!  Of course you could adjust the ingredients with whatever you have on hand:)

1 comment:

  1. Clever. I love the ideas with left overs. This one looks so yummy and like you said, we can just put whatever left over we have! Nice. Do you have a good recipe for red enchilada sauce too? Please post it if you do!

    ReplyDelete